Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I join a Virtual Meeting Point using a video conference unit?
The list of VMP numbers can be found at Deakin Virtual Meeting Point (VMP) Numbers.
Using a Cisco Touch 8 Controller
- Select Contacts.
- Select Directory, then Virtual Meeting Points (VMPs).
- Scroll up/down the touch screen to locate the VMP you want to join.
- Alternatively, you can search for the VMP you want to join. To do this, touch the Search bar to display the keyboard, then scroll through the search results to find the VMP.
- Select the VMP. A Call button will appear. Check you’ve selected the VMP and press Call.
Using a new Cisco Touch 10 Touch Panel
- Select Call
- Select Directory
- Select the Virtual Meeting Points (VMPs) folder
- Search or swipe / scroll to find the VMP you want to connect to
- When you make your selection, a Call prompt for the VMP will appear. Select Call to dial
- When you are ready to end the call, select End to disconnect
- If the Call Control buttons are not visible (for example when you are sharing PC), select the X in the top right hand corner to view the End button
Using a Tandberg Remote (Legacy)
- Press the green telephone button on the remote control.
- Press the phone book button to select a site to dial.
- Press the up/down arrow keys on the remote control to scroll through the VMP folders, and press OK on the remote control to select.
- When you have found the required VMP, press OK again to select.
- Press the green telephone button.
- Your call will connect like a standard video conference. When you are connected, you will see the other participants on your screen.
- If you are the first participant to join the conference, a voice message will let you know. The monitor will also display the following message:
- When a new participant joins or leaves the video conference, a beep will sound. The sound is higher-pitched when a participant joins, and lower-pitched when a participant leaves.
- Press the red hang up button twice to disconnect the video conference.