Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Connecting to Core-Deakin services remotely (Staff)
1. Ensure to change your password before you start working from home if it is due to be changed (Staff passwords expire every 6 months)
2. If you have bookmarks/favorites on your browser ensure you are signed in to the browser and the account is synced.
3. Make sure your offline files are up to date by syncing via the Sync Center.
4. Install any required software in advance.
5. Try establishing a VPN Connection using a mobile hotspot or from home.
Connecting to the VPN
Connecting to services from home
|Access Network drives (Home and Shared drives)||Required|
|Software Center / Self install share||Required|
|Accessing emails||Not Required|
|Skype for Business||Not Required|
|Microsoft Teams||Not Required|
|Confluence (Wiki)||Not Required|
|Blackboard Collaborate||Not Required|
|Microsoft Office / Office365 Applications||Not Required|
|Apps and Desktop Anywhere (ADA)||Not Required|
Accessing your home drive or shared drives from home
Collaborating with other staff/team members
1. Instant Messaging and Group Chats - Microsoft Teams
2. Audio/Video meetings - Zoom, Microsoft Teams
Installing software off-campus
Need more help?
Look through our knowledge base to identify any support articles.
Please contact the IT Service desk if you require further assistance.