Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Usernames and Passwords
How to reset, change or activate your password and username.
Forgotten your username or password?
If you have forgotten your username or password, you will need to reset your password.
Need to change your password?
Changing your password regularly is good for security and we will ask you to change it every 180 days. It's important to change your password when we remind you, because if you don't we'll need to disable your account to keep it secure.
- How to change your password on a Deakin Mac
- How to change your password on a Deakin Windows PC
- How to change your password on any computer
Has your account been disabled or locked?
Sometimes it's necessary for us to disable or lock your account to keep it secure. For example, we will lock your account if there are five incorrect password attempts within 15 minutes. And we will disable your account if you don't change your password soon after being prompted.
If your account has been disabled, you can still log in to a Deakin computer. After you log in, you will be prompted to change your password and your account will be enabled.
If your account has been locked, please contact the IT Help Desk so we can unlock it for you.
Need to activate your account?
You will need to activate your username and password before using them for the first time.
Systems that don't use your Deakin username and password
Your Deakin username and password give you access to systems such email, wi-fi and StudentConnect.
Some systems don't use your Deakin login. Here's who to contact for help with these.
- Callista Student Management - Contact Callista User Help on 03 5227 3239
- BRUCE - Contact Callista User Help on 03 5227 3239
- DFMS - Contact Financial Services
- TEMS - Contact the TEMS Service Desk on 03 5227 2115 or TEMSAdmin@deakin.edu.au
- SmartFleet University Vehicle Bookings - Contact Deakin Fleet Management on 03 5227 2683 or firstname.lastname@example.org