Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I join a Skype for Business meeting from a Deakin video conferencing room?
Deakin staff and students can now join a Skype for Business meeting from a Deakin video conferencing room.
This new feature is particularly useful if you need to bring a group of people together with a person external to Deakin into an online meeting. For example, when conducting interviews or hosting a webinar.
If you are organising the meeting, you will need to book a Skype for Business online meeting in Outlook, and invite the meeting participants. Then, you will need to book a Deakin video conferencing room.
- In a Deakin video conferencing room, find the panel you will use to dial in to the Skype Online Meeting.
- Select Contacts.
- Type SFB Meeting in the Search or Dial field.
- Select SFB Meeting (Skype for Business), then select Call.
- A voice prompt will ask you to enter the Conference ID of your meeting. You can find this ID in your Skype for Business online meeting calendar entry in Outlook.
- Now that you have the Conference ID, go back to the panel and select Keypad. Then, enter the Conference ID, followed by the hash (#) key.
- You are now connected to your Skype for Business online meeting, allowing you to collaborate with others who have joined the meeting. Select End to end the call.